If you are a healthcare professional who wants to work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), you need to pass the MOH exam. The MOH exam stands for the Ministry of Health Exam, and it is a medical license exam that is conducted by the Ministry of Health UAE. The MOH exam is required for all healthcare professionals who want to work in all five Emirates except Dubai and Abu Dhabi2. In this blog post, we will explain what the MOH exam is, what are the benefits of having MOH certification, who should take a MOH exam, and how to prepare for it.
What is the MOH?
The MOH is the Ministry of Health UAE, which oversees the medical practitioners’ professional licensure and is responsible for implementing healthcare policies in all aspects of the United Arab Emirates. The MOH exam is a standardized exam for license of healthcare professionals in the UAE. The exam is administered by the MOH in collaboration with an outsourced provider (Prometric), which has testing centers in over 76 countries worldwide4. The exam is available for various specialties, such as nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, physiotherapy, etc. The exam format and content vary depending on the specialty and level of practice.
What are the Benefits of Having MOH Certification?
Having a MOH certification has many benefits for healthcare professionals who want to work in the UAE. Some of these benefits are:
- It allows you to work in all five Emirates except Dubai and Abu Dhabi, which gives you more opportunities and flexibility to choose your preferred location and employer.
- It enhances your professional credibility and reputation, as it shows that you have met the high standards and requirements of the MOH.
- It increases your chances of getting hired and promoted, as it demonstrates your competence and skills in your field of practice.
- It opens up new possibilities for career growth and development, as it enables you to access various training programs and courses offered by the MOH and other institutions.
- It improves your salary and benefits package, as it reflects your value and contribution to the healthcare sector.
Who Should Take a MOH Exam?
Any healthcare professional who wishes to work in the UAE should take a MOH exam. However, there are some prerequisites and eligibility criteria that you need to meet before applying for the exam. These include:
- Degree of primary qualification (MBBS) or equivalent
- Internship completion (house-job) or equivalent
- Clinical experience of two years or more (preferably in home country) or equivalent
- Good standing certificate from previous licensing authority or employer
- Valid passport and visa
- Other documents as required by the MOH
4 Tips to Prepare for a MOH Exam
Preparing for a MOH exam can be challenging, but not impossible. Here are some tips that can help you ace your exam:
- Review the syllabus and exam format: You should familiarize yourself with the syllabus and exam format of your specialty and level of practice. You can find this information on the MOH website or from Prometric. You should also check the exam dates and locations, and book your test slot in advance.
- Study the material: You should study the material that covers the topics and objectives of the syllabus. You can use various sources, such as textbooks, journals, online courses, etc. You should also practice answering questions that are similar to those on the exam, such as multiple-choice questions, case studies, etc.
- Take mock tests: You should take mock tests that simulate the real exam conditions. This will help you assess your strengths and weaknesses, improve your time management skills, and boost your confidence. You can find mock tests online or from Prometric.
- Revise and relax: You should revise the material that you have studied before the exam day. You should also relax and rest well before the exam. You should avoid cramming or stressing out too much. You should also eat well, drink water, and dress comfortably on the exam day.
How Can I Learn More About MOH Practice Tests?
Many websites provide you with mock MOH practice tests. You can practice online courses and mock tests for various specialties and levels of practice. These tests are designed by experts and updated regularly according to the latest syllabus and exam format. It will help you prepare for your MOH exam effectively and efficiently.
If you are looking for healthcare procurement jobs in UAE, we at Wizejob are here for you. We are the ideal choice for those looking for jobs in UAE due to our extensive network and deep connections within the local job market. With strong relationships with a wide range of employers, we provide access to exclusive job opportunities. Our personalized approach ensures that candidates receive tailored guidance and support throughout the job search process, enhancing their chances of finding suitable employment. Moreover, WizeJob offers comprehensive services beyond job matching, including career counseling and interview coaching, providing valuable resources to help candidates succeed in their job search.
Feel free to call us at +971 52 767 6282 to know more….!!!!