The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a rapidly growing and diverse country that offers many opportunities for healthcare professionals. However, working as a doctor in the UAE also comes with certain responsibilities and expectations. In this blog, we will explore some of the best practices and ethical standards for registered doctors in the UAE and how they can benefit from the services of Wizejob, a leading medical recruitment agency in Dubai.
What are the best practices and ethical standards for certified doctors in the UAE?
The UAE has a set of medical institutions to ensure the quality and safety of medical services and protect the rights and interests of patients and healthcare providers. It has a robust and comprehensive healthcare regulatory system.
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) is the federal agency that oversees the healthcare sector and issues licenses to doctors and other healthcare professionals. MOHAP has published a Code of Ethics and Conduct for Medical Professionals that sets out the principles and values that guide medical practice in the UAE. Some of the key elements of this code are:
- Medical professionals are expected to put the patient’s interests ahead of their own and limit tests, prescriptions, or surgical procedures to those necessary for the patient.
- They have to respect the dignity, privacy, and confidentiality of patients and obtain informed consent from patients before any procedure.
- Medical professionals are obliged to maintain their competence and skills and update their knowledge and training with the latest scientific and technological developments.
- They are expected to act with honesty, integrity, and professionalism and to avoid conflicts of interest and abuse of power.
- Medical professionals have a responsibility to report errors, adverse events, and medical errors that may harm patients or public health.
- Healthcare professionals are encouraged to collaborate and communicate with colleagues and other healthcare team members and refer patients to appropriate specialists when necessary. This code also defines the rights and responsibilities of health professionals towards their employers, health authorities, society and the profession.
MOHAP has established mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance with the Code and impose sanctions for violations.
Why choose Wizejob?
If you are a doctor interested in working in the UAE, you may face some challenges in finding the right job, getting your license, and adapting to your new environment. That’s why you need the help of Wizejob, a leading medical recruitment agency in Dubai. The company specializes in introducing qualified and experienced doctors to the best medical facilities in the UAE.
Wizejob offers various services and benefits for physicians, including:
- Access to a wide network of employers and healthcare jobs in the UAE, including hospitals, clinics, and medical centres.
- Assist with MOHAP and local health authority licensing processes and certification requirements.
- Advice and support throughout the recruitment process, from initial selection and interviews to contract negotiations and visa applications.
- Immigration assistance and orientation programs help doctors settle here in the UAE and adapt to the culture and lifestyle.
- Career development and training opportunities to help doctors improve their skills and advance their careers.
Wizejob has a team of professional and experienced consultants who understand the needs and expectations of physicians and employers. We have a reputation for excellence and reliability in the medical staffing industry. We are the partner of choice for many doctors seeking a rewarding and fulfilling career in the UAE. Working as a doctor in the UAE can be a challenging and rewarding experience that fosters professional and personal growth. However, you must be aware of and always adhere to the best practices and ethical standards that govern medical practice in the UAE. You also need the support and guidance of a trusted and reputable medical recruitment agency in Dubai, UAE like Wizejob. This will help you find the right job for you and make your transition to the UAE smooth and easy. Contact Wizejob today to start your journey to a successful career in the UAE.
Working as a doctor in the UAE can be a challenging and rewarding experience that fosters professional and personal growth. However, you must be aware of and always adhere to the best practices and ethical standards that govern medical practice in the UAE. You also need the support and guidance of a trusted and reputable medical recruitment agency like Wizejob. This will help you find the right job for you and make your transition to the UAE smooth and easy. Contact Wizejob today at +971 4 344 1604 or +971 52 767 6282 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected] to start your journey to a successful career in the UAE.