The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a thriving hub for healthcare professionals seeking rewarding job opportunities in the Middle East. To work in the UAE’s healthcare industry, obtaining a valid license is often a requirement. One of the prominent licenses sought after by healthcare professionals is the Health Authority – Abu Dhabi (HAAD) license. In this blog post, we will explore the significance of the HAAD license and how it opens doors to healthcare careers in the UAE. We will also discuss why we are the top healthcare recruitment agency in Abu Dhabi and shed light on healthcare courses and other related aspects.
Why Obtain a HAAD License?
Career Opportunities in the UAE: The UAE offers a diverse range of job opportunities in healthcare, making it an attractive destination for professionals in the field. With the HAAD license, you gain access to an extensive pool of healthcare jobs in the UAE, including Abu Dhabi.
Healthcare License Requirement: Working legally in the UAE’s healthcare sector requires a valid license. The HAAD license serves as a testament to your qualifications, skills, and commitment to high standards of healthcare practice.
Enhanced Employability: Holding a HAAD license significantly enhances your employability and increases your chances of securing desired positions in reputable healthcare institutions across the UAE.
Who Can Apply?
The HAAD license is designed for healthcare professionals seeking employment in Abu Dhabi. It applies to a wide range of medical and healthcare occupations, including physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, allied health professionals, and more. Each profession has specific eligibility criteria, so it is important to refer to the official HAAD website for detailed information.
What are the documents required for HAAD license?
The specific documents required for a HAAD license may vary depending on the profession and individual circumstances. However, the following are commonly requested documents during the HAAD license application process:
- Educational Certificates: Copies of your educational certificates and degrees relevant to your healthcare profession. These documents should be attested and authenticated.
- Professional Licenses: Copies of your current professional licenses or registrations from your home country or any previous practicing locations. These licenses should also be attested and authenticated.
- Passport Copy: A clear copy of your valid passport with a minimum of six months’ validity remaining.
- Passport-Sized Photographs: Recent passport-sized photographs with a white background, usually in the dimensions specified by HAAD.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): A comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae outlining your education, professional experience, certifications, and any relevant healthcare achievements.
- Good Standing Certificate: A certificate of good standing or professional conduct from your current or previous employers or regulatory bodies.
- DataFlow Verification Report: Depending on the profession, a DataFlow verification report may be required. This report validates the authenticity of your educational and professional credentials. The report is obtained by applying through the DataFlow Group, which conducts a comprehensive background check.
- Assessment Exam Results: For some professions, you may need to provide evidence of passing a HAAD assessment exam or an approved exam from a recognized institution.
- Additional Documents: Depending on your specific profession and circumstances, additional documents may be requested. These could include training certificates, experience letters, language proficiency test results (such as IELTS), or any other relevant supporting documents.
It is important to note that the HAAD licensing requirements and document checklist can change over time. Therefore, it is recommended to refer to the official HAAD website or contact HAAD directly to obtain the most up-to-date information regarding the required documents for your specific healthcare profession.
It is also worth mentioning that all documents submitted should be in English or Arabic. If any documents are in a different language, they should be translated and notarized by an authorized translation service.
How to Apply for a New License?
- Eligibility Check: Before applying for a HAAD license, verify that you meet the necessary qualifications and experience requirements for your specific profession.
- Register Online: Create an account on the official HAAD website and complete the registration process.
- Submit Required Documents: Prepare and upload the necessary documents, which typically include educational certificates, professional licenses, passport copies, passport-sized photographs, and a curriculum vitae (CV).
- Application Review: HAAD will review your application and documents for completeness and eligibility.
- Exam and Assessment: Depending on your profession, you may be required to pass a HAAD assessment exam or provide evidence of passing an approved exam.
- Dataflow Verification: HAAD will conduct a thorough background check through DataFlow, a verification agency that validates your educational and professional credentials.
- Fee Payment: Pay the applicable licensing fees online.
- Approval and License Issuance: Once your application is approved, you will receive your HAAD license via email or through the online portal.
What is the validity of HAAD License?
The HAAD license is typically valid for two years from the date of issuance. However, it is important to note that license validity can vary depending on the profession and other factors. Healthcare professionals are responsible for keeping track of their license’s expiration date and initiating the renewal process promptly.
HAAD License Renewal:
To renew your HAAD license, follow these general steps:
- Submit Renewal Application: Log in to the HAAD online portal and complete the renewal application, providing updated information and any required documentation.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD): Ensure that you have completed the required CPD hours, as specified by HAAD for your profession. CPD activities may include attending conferences, workshops, training programs, or completing online courses.
- Fee Payment: Pay the renewal fees online.
- Review and Approval: HAAD will review your application and documents for renewal eligibility.
License Renewal: Once approved, you will receive your renewed HAAD license via email or through the online portal.
What is the fee required for a new HAAD license?
The fee required for a new HAAD license can vary depending on the specific healthcare profession and the type of license being applied for. It is essential to refer to the official HAAD website or contact HAAD directly for the most up-to-date and accurate fee information. However, to provide a general idea, below are some of the fees that may be applicable for a new HAAD license:
- Application Fee: This fee covers the administrative processing of the license application. It is typically a non-refundable fee paid at the time of application submission.
- Evaluation Fee: Certain professions may require an evaluation fee for assessing the qualifications and credentials of the applicant. This fee is specific to the profession and may be required in addition to the application fee.
- Examination Fee: If a HAAD assessment exam or an approved exam is required for the profession, there may be an examination fee associated with it.
- DataFlow Verification Fee: If DataFlow verification is required for your profession, there will be a fee for this service. DataFlow verifies the authenticity of educational and professional credentials.
- License Issuance Fee: Once your application is approved, a fee is typically required for the issuance of the HAAD license.
It is important to note that the fee structure and amounts can change, so it is advisable to consult the official HAAD website or contact HAAD directly to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date fee information for your specific healthcare profession and license type. Additionally, it is recommended to prepare the required fees in advance to ensure a smooth application process.
Healthcare Consulting Companies in Abu Dhabi
Top Healthcare Recruitment Agencies in Abu Dhabi play a crucial role in shaping the healthcare landscape in Abu Dhabi. These companies provide strategic guidance, advisory services, and expertise in areas such as healthcare operations, technology implementation, process optimization, and regulatory compliance. One of the notable healthcare consulting companies in Abu Dhabi include Wizejob. We offer valuable insights, support healthcare organizations, and contribute to the overall growth and improvement of the healthcare sector in Abu Dhabi.
Can a DHA license be converted to HAAD?
Yes, it is possible to convert a DHA license to HAAD. The requirement is to have a minimum of six months of on-the-job experience with the DHA license. For detailed information, you can visit the official websites of the DHA Health Regulation Department (HRD) or the Department of Health (DoH) Abu Dhabi.
How long does it take to renew a HAAD license?
According to TAMM, the renewal process for a HAAD license in Abu Dhabi takes approximately 17 days.
Can I renew my HAAD license via TAMM?
Yes, you can renew your HAAD license through TAMM. Here’s how:
- Go to the TAMM website.
- Navigate to the “Health & Safety” section.
- Click on the “Healthcare Professionals” option on the left.
- Select the “Licencing and Certificates” tab.
- Look for the “Manage a Healthcare Professional Licence” option and click on it.
- Follow the process to complete the renewal.
What is the cost to cancel a HAAD license in Abu Dhabi?
The cost to cancel a HAAD license in Abu Dhabi is AED 100.
Obtaining a HAAD license is a crucial step for healthcare professionals seeking employment in Abu Dhabi. By following the outlined process and fulfilling the requirements, healthcare professionals can secure their licenses and pursue rewarding careers in the healthcare industry in the UAE. Stay updated with the official HAAD website for the most accurate and current information regarding license requirements, renewals, and any updates to the process.
Over the years, WizeJob has established itself as a leading medical recruitment agency in the UAE’s medical industry, renowned for its excellence in connecting healthcare professionals with top-notch job opportunities. With a specialized focus on healthcare recruitment, WizeJob possesses an in-depth understanding of the industry’s unique dynamics and requirements. We have developed strong relationships with prestigious medical institutions that enables us to provide candidates with access to a diverse range of positions in various medical specialties. WizeJob’s personalized approach, professional guidance, and commitment to building long-term relationships have solidified our reputation as an exceptional recruiter in the UAE’s medical industry.
Want to know more? Call us at +971 52 767 6282 for a free consultation.